[ntp:questions] New to NTPD

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Tue May 9 14:14:34 UTC 2006

Well I finally am moving away from netdate and have ntpd installed and
running.
I brought it up using ntpd -g,  and hope that is ok.

Also I have no idea that it is doing anthing?   How do I know that it is
running.
The drift file has only one entry in it, and that is all zeros..

Is there some way that I can watch what is happening like the way I watch
log files using 'tail -f messages'  ??

I have all the logfile stuff turned on so I can read any and all stuff that
is happening and  yet while that says a few things I at this point don't
know that it is doing anything with the system time.

I am running linux (slackware 10.2)..