[ntp:questions] Re: Problems with the Timezone

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Wed May 10 19:31:17 UTC 2006

Marvin Garcia wrote:

> i made a mistake the real values are :
> # echo $TZ
> GMT-4
> # date -u
> Wed May 10 18:26:01 GMT 2006
> # date
> Wed May 10 22:26:03 GMT 2006
>
> See the diference now? the GMT-4 is still adding four hours instead of
> subtracting.
>

> I'm in Dominican Republic, here we use GMT-4
>
> i try with "US/Eastern" and it work, but here we dont need daylight
> time. So the correct timezone is GMT-4.

I just run sys-unconfig on one of my test systems and reconfigured it!
Solaris system setup lets you pick your time zone from a list.  I picked
  "America" from the first list and was presented with a second list
which contained "Dominican Republic".

Try "America/Santo_Domingo" as your time zone.  It works for me.

Now I've got to go back and run sys-unconfig again!