[ntp:questions] Difference between Ntpdate and NTPDaemon

Leandro Pfleger de Aguiar leandro at bry.com.br
Mon May 15 18:13:17 UTC 2006

Sure

    I can understand this.  But what the phrase "ntpdate does not discipline
the host clock frequency as does ntpd" means, once both ntpd and ntpdate use
adjtime()? I know ntpdate use this function when offset <128ms, so why i
cannot to say that ntpdate discipline the host clock frequency ? Just
because ntpdate synchronize and exits ?

Tanks again !

Leandro P.