[ntp:questions] Re: Strange scattergram

user at domain.invalid user at domain.invalid
Wed May 17 19:03:21 UTC 2006

Karel,

Your first scattergram shows a tail extending downward to the left. That
happens when there is a significant freqency error at the server or
client and generally damps out once the critters have stabilized. In the
first and second scattergrams there is evidence of a 30-ms delay in both
directions at least some of the time. The darker upper limb of both
grams show a highly unsymmetric traffic. Fix that with the huffpuff
option. The blunt nose in both grams is due to jitter.

Dave