[ntp:questions] Re: Problems configuring an NTP subnet

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.removeme.com
Tue May 30 16:42:03 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer wrote:
> SimoTerradillos, Carlos Joaquin wrote:
>> 2.-NTP clients
>> In this case, /etc/ntp.conf is like this:
>>
>> driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
>> broadcastclient
>> authenticate no
>
> again: disable auth

Disabling the authentication is a very bad idea, unless you trust
all the systems that can possibly send packets to the systems on
your network. There is a reason why it is the default. With auth
disabled and no restrict rules, you are potentially handing your
system clock over to anyone on the network.
--
blu

Rose are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF. All my base are belong to you.