[ntp:questions] Command line for post-log rotation restart

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Fri Nov 3 16:41:56 UTC 2006

Greetings -

I have ntp logging to its own log file, and have it set to rotate logs
monthly.  It appears that I need to add a command that restarts the ntp
service (or reload the config file?) immediately following log rotation in
order for ntp to begin logging to the newly created log file.  Since I am a
relative novice with Linux I don't know the command line that would be
appropriate to use here (as I use half and half GUI and command line
depending on what I know or what is easiest at the time).  Can someone give
me the right command to use in my log rotation scheme.  I am running ntp on
an updated RHEL3 system.  Thanks.

Jeff Boyce
www.meridianenv.com