[ntp:questions] SNTP client request time out

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 5 16:57:08 UTC 2006

Brahma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing SNTP client module, i am unable to connect to the
> server(both external and internal), earlier the same module(code)
> worked properly without giving any "time out",
> Iam wondering why i am getting time out now?
>
> Does anyone knows sollution for the same?

With only the information you have supplied, it is impossible to say
what might be causing your problem.  My best guess is that you have made
an error in coding your client module.  First, use snoop, tcpdump or
some similar tool to verify that your client is actually sending a
request packet to the server.  Next, verify that this packet is
correctly formatted and that the contents are valid.

If these steps do not lead to a solution perhaps you can post again and
furnish more details.