[ntp:questions] preempt Option

mills at udel.edu mills at udel.edu
Wed Nov 8 16:34:08 UTC 2006

TIA,

I may have misread your original question. The preempt option is
intended for the pool scheme and may not work as you expect. A
preemptable association is expendable and presumed to exist only as the
survivor of the selection algorithm which acts to cast off outlyers
until a minimum number of survivors remain. Unless you really know what
you are doing, it is probably best that you avoid this option.

Dave