[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.2p4 loopstats

mills at udel.edu mills at udel.edu
Mon Nov 13 16:59:15 UTC 2006

TomD,

I haven't changed the statistics in a rather long time, although my
timescale and the timescale of the distributions might not coincide. The
statistics on jitter are rather intricate. In one sense the combined
jitter weighted by the combined metric is valid and in the other what is
claimed to be the selection jitter is the other. Both are reported in
the rv statistics, although a case can be made for either one as the
most important. Frankly, this represents a case for splitting hairs that
is not really a sign of the times.

Having said that, the loopstats have not changed in several years.

Dave