[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.2p4 loopstats

mills at udel.edu mills at udel.edu
Mon Nov 13 17:08:04 UTC 2006

TomD,

What changes are you talking about? The loopstats have not changed in
many years. They include the time and datestamp, the magnitude and
deviation of both the time and frequency offset and the time constant
(poll interval). There is not much else that can be reported about the
clock discipline algorithm. This is the same data reported over two
decades of loopstats recording. Am I missing something?

The rv statistics have in fact changed in really minor ways; the clock
discipline jitter has been separated from the selection jitter, but if
this is important in your performance analysis, I would be truly surprised.

Davd