[ntp:questions] SNTP quaries

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Fri Nov 17 19:18:41 UTC 2006

On 8 Nov 2006 23:09:31 -0800 in comp.protocols.time.ntp, "Brahma"
<reddi.brahma at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have some quaries in Development of SNTP client,

Search the web and FTP repositories: there are many free out there;
most OSes come supplied with one; pick another if you don't like it;
why reinvent the wheel (badly)?

>1. How can i update system clock time after finding time difference b/w
>SNTP server and Client time?

man adjtime

>2. How Can init process( In linux) will call the SNTP daemon?

man inittab

>3. How can we run SNTP client service periodically?

man crontab

>Plese if you have any idea please share with me.

No ideas, just info.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply