[ntp:questions] Stabilizing the drift file?

Robert Wachinger job at Robert-Wachinger.de
Wed Nov 22 10:01:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

did anybody else have the problem, to have to stabilize the frequency discipline
faster than the normal 15 minutes to hours? Does any solution exist?

We have here the requirement to have a replaced board (a fresh one from the factory,
where a correct content of the drift file is unknown) up after 5 minutes in a cluster,
which also means, that its time does not stray more than 10ms (within the cluster).

Any tips?
We tried here to "play" with minpoll, burst, initial drift files (value 0).

Regards, Robert