[ntp:questions] iburst

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 28 04:50:07 UTC 2006

terrypearl wrote:

> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>
>> terrypearl wrote:

<snip>

>> Please don't top post.
>

> What do you mean "top post"? Never heard this term before.

"Top posting" refers to adding your comments to the top of the text you
are replying to!   Net custom is to add your comments below the text or
segment thereof.  It allows readers to read things in a "logical" order.

Some people get extremely upset about top posting; sufficiently so that
they will add your name to their "killfile" which means that they will
never have to see messages sent by you.