[ntp:questions] frequency of updation

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Wed Nov 29 19:56:46 UTC 2006

On 2006-11-29, lulu <neoequal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's say I have two cards in one system out of which one connected to
> internet and synching its time appropriately with stratum-2 server.
>
> But I have connected another two system through another card.
>
> So right now I make theses two machine behave the machine having two
> cards as a NTP server for them. ( By changing the ntp.conf

The ntp.conf on the clients.

> as SERVER < INTERNET CONNECTED IP> )
>
> Made some changes to routing table

ntpd binds all of the interfaces. So you can point your clients at the
IP address of the interface they are connected to. Then you won't have
to complicate your configuration with unnecessary routing.

> But still these two servers are not sysncing teir time .

Is your server synced to a source of time (e.g. remote time server or
local ref-clock)?

Is port 123/UDP open on both your server and its clients?

Are there any restrictions which may be blocking ntp packets between
your server and its clients?

Have you tried pointing your clients at the server's internal interface?