[ntp:questions] Graphing

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Thu Nov 30 02:43:06 UTC 2006

On 2006-11-29, Jon <jonology at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also should have been more clear.  I'm looking to graph everything
> mentioned by everyone who replied, but also bandwidth, and perhaps
> amount of connections.  It's nothing serious, I'd just like to see
> how(much) the server is being used.  More of an educational experiment.

The NTP Pool has monitoring scripts; you might want to contact them.

You'll find lots of links to NTP monitoring systems through Google.
Although most of them don't provide documentation about how they did it.

Here's a few:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/cricket/grapher.cgi?target=%2Fntp-stats
http://lx.ujf.cas.cz/ntp-lx/lx-pkt.html
http://www.maths.tcd.ie/local/admin/mrtg/ntp/ntp-pps.html
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/ConfiguringTrimblePalisadeAcutimeRefclocks
http://www.ntp.vanheusden.com/mrtg/ntp.html
http://fud.no/munin/fud.no/lust.fud.no.html

You'll also find links to various resources on
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/MonitoringAndControllingNTP