[ntp:questions] frequency of updation

lulu neoequal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 05:22:01 UTC 2006

Steve Kostecke wrote:
> On 2006-11-29, lulu <neoequal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's say I have two cards in one system out of which one connected to
> > internet and synching its time appropriately with stratum-2 server.
> >
> > But I have connected another two system through another card.
> >
> > So right now I make theses two machine behave the machine having two
> > cards as a NTP server for them. ( By changing the ntp.conf
>
> The ntp.conf on the clients.
>
> > as SERVER < INTERNET CONNECTED IP> )
> >
> > Made some changes to routing table
>
> ntpd binds all of the interfaces. So you can point your clients at the
> IP address of the interface they are connected to. Then you won't have
> to complicate your configuration with unnecessary routing.
>
> > But still these two servers are not sysncing teir time .
>
> Is your server synced to a source of time (e.g. remote time server or
> local ref-clock)?

Sorry in the line "two server are not synching ..." infact it is the
two clients are not synching their time. And my server system is
sysnching to a startum-2 server in the net as said before. That
interface

> Is port 123/UDP open on both your server and its clients?

I couldn't able to get port is open means what ? As I guess u mean to
ask whether both cleint and server using that port or not , then it is
yes .
> Are there any restrictions which may be blocking ntp packets between
> your server and its clients?
There is no restriction ..

> Have you tried pointing your clients at the server's internal interface?

Inernal interface , i think u mean to say the local interface which is
not connected to internet for the stratum-2 server .