[ntp:questions] Can I specify log file in config file ?

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Thu Oct 5 16:14:04 UTC 2006

Greetings -

I have read through the man page, the web support site, and have been
following the mailing list for months, but I have not seen an answer to this
question so I thought I would try here.  Please forgive me if it has been
answered elsewhere, then point me to where I can find it, since it seems
like such a simple question.  I have a lot of ntp messages cluttering up my
general syslog file (var/log/messages) and I would like to have the ntp
messages go to a specific ntp log files such as var/log/ntpmsg.  I was
hoping to be able to define the log file for ntp in my configuration file,
but I do not see any information detailing how I would do that.  I did
notice that I can specify a log file as an argument when starting ntp from
the command line, but I do not want to have to remember that each time I
have to start/restart ntp.  So the important question is: how can I specify
in the configuration file a unique log file to send all my ntp log messages
to?  Thanks for any help.

Jeff Boyce
www.meridianenv.com