[ntp:questions] Re: W2003 Server SP2 Problems with W32TM

Eugen COCA ecoca at eed.usv.ro
Tue Oct 10 06:44:14 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've tested a W2k3 box time synchronization by setting the server using
the command line:

net time /setsntp:time.usv.ro
net stop w32time
net start w32time

As a result, when checking another server (i.e. time.microsoft.com)
from the list box, I obtain an timeout error messages. Only the server
time.usv.ro works fine. The experiment is the same with any other ntp
server (I've tried many public servers).

Before typing the "net time ..." command all servers from the initial
list (time.microsoft.com; time.nist.gov, etc.) worked fine.