[ntp:questions] Re: AW: convert_rawdcf: parity check FAILED on my embedded Linux system

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Fri Oct 13 18:59:30 UTC 2006

Torsten Krieger wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a problem with NTP server version 4.2.2p3 and my embedded Linux
> system FOX Board. I'am using a raw dcf77 receiver from Sure, the receiver is
> working fine with my Linux PC but not with my embedded system. I found that
> parity check is disable on the Linux PC but not on my embedded system, so I
> have also disabled the parity check on the Fox Board, which than results to
> the following ERRORS seen in the log file:
>
> ntpd[83]: parse: convert_rawdcf: parity check FAILED for
unlurk.
is that one of the receivers were the serial line receives the raw puls
with ~50baud and reads the 0.1s (L) pulse as 'x' and the 0.2s (H) pulse
as 'p' or there abouts?
if yes: is your line sense ok? i.e. is there a (inverting) rs232 receiver in front
of RXD or not.
(where) Have you disabled parity check inside ntpd?