***SPAM*** AW: [ntp:questions] Re: AW: convert_rawdcf: parity check FAILED on my embedded Linux system

Torsten Krieger Torsten.Krieger at krieger-mis.de
Sat Oct 14 08:41:22 UTC 2006

Hi Frank,

thank you for your help!

It is not clear to me whether parity check shall be enabled or disabled!
With stty -a /dev/refclock-0 I have the following output:

[root at axis /]91# stty -a -F /dev/refclock-0
speed 50 baud; rows 0; columns 0;
<undef>;
<undef>;
min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -ixon
-ixoff -iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
-opost -olcuc -ocrnl -onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0
vt0 ff0
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop
-echoprt -echoctl -echoke

Is this a correct setting for the serial port?

Torsten.Krieger at krieger-mis.de (Torsten Krieger) writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a problem with NTP server version 4.2.2p3 and my embedded Linux
> system FOX Board. I'am using a raw dcf77 receiver from Sure, the receiver
is
> working fine with my Linux PC but not with my embedded system. I found
that
> parity check is disable on the Linux PC but not on my embedded system, so
> have also disabled the parity check on the Fox Board, which than results
> the following ERRORS seen in the log file:
>
> ntpd[83]: parse: convert_rawdcf: parity check FAILED for
> "-###----#--#--#-----S-------P-2----P-2--12-241-4-1---8---8p"
>
> Any idea what is going wrong!

This has nothing to do with parity check on the serial port.

The DCF77 signal transmits 3 parity bits in its data stream.
This messages is generated when the check fails. This happens
usually when the reception is sub-optimal and bit errors occur.
Occasional errors are harmless.

If this message is interfering with the opration of your embedded
system you should only disable the output of the message - not the
check.

Frank