[ntp:questions] Re: Lexmark Network Printers and (S)NTP

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Wed Oct 18 08:29:15 UTC 2006

Danny Mayer schrieb:
> Heiko Gerstung wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I received a customer report describing a problem he has with the
>> Lexmark printer models C762 (SL+) and C912 (QCL).
>>
>> I would like to investigate if anyone else using these printers can help
>> me in finding out what causes the problem.
>>
>> I will try to contact Lexmark in parallel, but a volunteer with one of
>> those printers and basic knowledge of NTP and Ethereal/Wireshark would
>> be great :-)
>>

> The real question is what's the problem? You really haven't said
> anything at all here and how it's related to NTP.

Danny,

I am trying to be careful, sorry for this :-) But I do not want to blame
anyone before I am not sure that there _really_ is a problem.

Due to the fact that I do not own one of the mentioned devices, I am
looking out for a willing candidate who can perform a few tests for me.
That would include the devices and an NTP server.

Again, sorry for being vague.

Best regards,
Heiko