[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd server on Linux/Debian with SPARC Sun Blade 100

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Thu Oct 19 11:23:36 UTC 2006

Olivier Bornet wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm back to my ntp server setup problem...
>
> I have found a link to a problem with the Sun Blade 100 and it's clock:
>
>    http://people.spacelabs.nl/~admar/usb100faq/76.html
>
> Of course, this is talking about Solaris, and I use Linux... But maybe
> the cause of the problem is the same: a problem with the Sun Blade 100
> clock. In the log of ntp, I see many "time reset" (about every 15
> minutes), like:
i had a similar problem the other way round ( clock gaining) while your
clock seems to be loosing.
when you do not use ntpd does the clock start to lag rather fast?

While searching for my problem i seem to remenber some issue with loosing
timer interrupts ( i.e. This may not be ntpd related )

G!
uwe