[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd server on Linux/Debian with SPARC Sun Blade 100

Olivier Bornet Olivier.Bornet at puck.ch
Fri Oct 20 09:40:31 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 04:06:24PM +0000, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Have you seen http://ntp.isc.org/Support/TroubleshootingNTP ?

Not really before. But now yes. :)
Maybe my problem is the one described here:

    http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues#Section_9.2.4.3.

called "Lost ticks causing clock instability". I have quickly read the
kernel issue from the referenced link. Interesting. I will look more in
detail if the drift adjustement I'm folowind now (like described in
"9.1.6. Mac Mini (and other machines having poor TICK settings)" in the
known hardware issue.

Thanks for the link, and have a nice day.

        Olivier
--
Olivier Bornet
Olivier.Bornet at puck.ch