[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd server on Linux/Debian with SPARC Sun Blade 100

Olivier Bornet Olivier.Bornet at puck.ch
Fri Oct 20 09:46:37 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 11:07:56AM -0400, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> If lost interrupts are the problem, you probably should not try to fix
> it by trying to tinker with the "drift".  The reason is that the lost
> interrupts are the result of device drivers, probably disk drivers,
> disabling or masking interrupts for too long a time.  If this is the
> case, the problem should disappear when the machine is not busy.  (If
> you tinker and the problem disappears when the machine is not busy, your
> clock will be off again when the machine is not busy.)

I don't think this is the case, as the machine is not really busy in
general. Mainly, it "just" does web and mail server, and no big disk
usage is done. And the problem seems constant. I don't really have see
the ntpd server working correctly since I have started it about 2 months
ago.

Thanks for your help, and have a nice day.

        Olivier
--
Olivier Bornet
Olivier.Bornet at puck.ch