[ntp:questions] Re: How to change STRATUM on linux.

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 17:25:53 UTC 2006

In article <slrnejhq5v.v3n.kostecke at stasis.kostecke.net>,
Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.isc.org> wrote:

> I just checked the archive. The message/article that you are replying to
> contained neither a References: header nor an In-Reply-To: header. So
> there was no way to maintain threading.

I wasn't necessarily blaming the gateway; in fact I was fairly sure that
it was the poster's fault.  It was, of course, possible to repair the
threading by looking at the subject and content and working out the only
possible article it could be responding to.  That may be too late for
some threading databases, as they may already have convinced themselves
that they were dealing with a new root article.