[ntp:questions] NTP internal server?

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Mon Oct 30 00:53:46 UTC 2006

>>> In article <4544ed4b$0$331$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>, "Maarten Wiltink" <maarten at kittensandcats.net> writes:

>> All right, there are, or were, fifteen reported exploits.  None is dated
>> more recently than 2004 and some seem to be complaining about ten year
>> old software distributed by companies such as Sun, Redhat, Debian, etc.

Maarten> Still distributed right now, yes. For all those people who aren't
Maarten> allowed to run something not backed by RFCs, and then come here
Maarten> with questions about something called xntp. Sound familiar?

What's your point?  I don't see how what you just said applies to the
thread.

Maarten> I will work on the assumption that there are exploits in the
Maarten> current NTP until you _prove_ to me it's safe, and I'm not holding
Maarten> my breath.

Are you volunteering to perform or pay for a code audit?