[ntp:questions] notrust alternative?

Dennis Hilberg Jr dhilberg at comcast.net
Tue Oct 31 20:58:21 UTC 2006

On one instance I noticed that in the output of 'ntpq -p' one of my server's
clients was flagged with the '+'.  notrust under version 4.2 and later now
means "Ignore all NTP packets that are not cryptographically authenticated"
instead of the 4.1 and earlier versions where it meant "Don't trust this
host/subnet for time."  How do I specify with version 4.2 and later that I
only want the five server entries in the ntp.conf to be trusted for
synchronization?  Or is this automatic, and that particular 'ntpq -p' output
a fluke?

Thanks!