[ntp:questions] Re: uk pool problem

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Fri Sep 1 01:35:36 UTC 2006

Ntpdate has known bugs and nobody wants to fix it.

The combinations of the improvements to ntpd and the addition of sntp should
cover it.  If -u is really needed, then it should be needed for both ntpd
and sntpd, and the case for this as not, to my knowledge, been made.

If the debugging information provided by ntpdate's -d is significantly
different from the debug information provided by ntpd or sntp, somebody
should speak up, with specific recommendations.

And regarding sntp, the most recent maintainer has disappeared - we need
somebody to step up and take over the care and feeding of sntp.