[ntp:questions] Re: uk pool problem

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Fri Sep 1 20:45:43 UTC 2006

>>> In article <1157137669.266818.194790 at i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "Eugen COCA" <ecoca at eed.usv.ro> writes:

Eugen> As someone tells us in a quite transparent mode, if you'll atach a
Eugen> cheque to the bug it will be almost impossible to think you'll not be
Eugen> able to find an Email address to send them (the bug and the cheque).

Indeed.  Visit http://ntp.isc.org and you will find on the left-hand menu a
link to "Bugs & Issues" just above "Donations".

Eugen> Joking, but I know from my experience ... the more you try to improve
Eugen> a thing the more you waste your time.

I know it can be Difficult to get a new refclock added to the code.  If
there are other areas in the project where anybody is having difficulty
trying to get their improvements in, please let me know.  And please
remember I am still a volunteer on this project, too.

Eugen> As we where told, ntpdate is
Eugen> retired and if you really want to set-up your computer time like
Eugen> ntpdate do you may look at your watch atfer setting it by looking at
Eugen> the result of an ntptrace command. If you want better results, use
Eugen> ntpd ...

or sntp.