[ntp:questions] Re: uk pool problem

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Sep 4 00:04:16 UTC 2006

Harlan,

Sachin Kamboj's new code can use ntpq for anything in the configuration
file. Sachin has moved on to another job and his code, although working,
needs test and fix. It first needs to survive the recent rewrite of the
command line parsing, which has changed since he first merged with the
distribution. A volunteer could have a lot of fun with the new code,
which by the way has explicit support for the pool function plus a lot
of other goodies folks have been asking for.

I would suggest to a volunteer that a diff between Sachin's code and the
base code he has been working on, then apply the diff to the current
code and fix what breaks.

By the way, the new code parses exactly the same syntax and semantics as
the present configuration file, including non-reserved words. However,
it's all syntax-driven and configuration commands can be issued anytime
via ntpq. And yes, it is MD5 authenticated.

Dave