[ntp:questions] Re: NTP: time not synchronized

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Tue Sep 5 12:42:32 UTC 2006

pasdepoil schrieb:
> Hi
>
> We have a system working only in a LAN. We install ntp on each machine
> (windows 2000). We choose one of them to be the time server, and then
> we configure all others machines to synchronize on this time server.
> We put the same ntp.conf on every machine, but some of them are not
> synchronized.
> When I used monitor ntp, we can see that these machines have between 23
> secondes and 150 secondes of offset.
> I would like to know if the problem that I have is due to the big time
> difference between machines ?
> And How can I resolve the problem ?

Just a wild guess: Maybe you are interpreting the values the wrong way
and the offset is between 23 and 150 milliseconds? This would be a
common range for Windows PCs ...

> I tried to delete the drift file, but the problem steel happen.
>
> If anyoine have an idea, or need more details....

Open a command line window on one of the clients and type "ntpq -p" as a
command, then show us the output.

Best regards,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.