[ntp:questions] Re: time.ucla.edu is closed

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Wed Sep 6 08:22:51 UTC 2006

"Felix Tilley" <fetilley at cyberbromo.int> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.09.05.23.30.15.776556 at cyberbromo.int...
[...]
> It is publically available.

Stop whining. They merely don't, or didn't, enforce their access policy
by technical means. That you are not physically prevented from taking an
apple from a case in front of the greengrocer's without paying doesn't
make it legal, or moral.

> My former employer put its time servers behind a firewall.

They have that right. They're _their_ time servers.

> I am accessing it to sync my computer clock.  How do
> you you do it?

I use my ISP's. I have been known to use the Pool.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink