[ntp:questions] Re: Regular 16ms jump of NTP on Windows XP SP2

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Thu Sep 7 10:36:32 UTC 2006

Eugen,

Eugen COCA wrote:
> Bert Gøtterup Petersen wrote:
>> I have compiled NTP 4.2.2p for Windows, but it also shows the same
>> spikes.
>
> If you compiled ntp4.2.2 for Windows are there any chances to make it
> public ? I need a new version of ntp, as the version 4.2.0b didn't work
> for me.

Neither the current -stable nor the -dev version of ntpd are stable under
Windows, that's why Meinberg has not yet made a new GUI installer version
available.

If the xmas edition is also not stable on your machine (on most systems it
is, but we've also heard about some where it isn't) you should downgrade to
the fluxcap version which Heiko has recently made available for download:
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm#ntp_nt

This version has been pretty stable, and Heiko has merged in some newer
patches (MM timer ..) to build the fluxcap version.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren