[ntp:questions] Re: recvfrom(0.0.0.0) fd=51: Connection refused

Luc Pardon xntp at skopos.be
Tue Sep 12 05:48:46 UTC 2006

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Luc,
>
> It is possible that (some of) these other sites have listed you as one of
> their peers (or servers) in their ntp.conf file.

     Nothing is impossible <g>. They're looking into it, we'll see what
comes up.

> You mentioned something about limiting what interfaces ntpd will listen to.
>
> Have you seen the -I option?

     I had seen it, and even tried it briefly, but it doesn't seem to
work, at least not for me and on that box. To cut a long story short, if
I make it listen on the internal nic it doesn't seem to be able to query
the time servers via the external nic.

    I didn't want to report it, for several reasons. One is that I
wanted that "connection refused" strangeness out of the way ASAP.
Another one is I'm not even sure that this -I stuff is supposed to work
already - after all I pulled it out of dev.

    Luc