[ntp:questions] Re: PPS kernel patch for kernel 2.6.16-2

Fri Sep 15 07:43:17 UTC 2006

sleekstar at gmail.com (sleek daelite) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know where i can get a pps kernel patch for kernel 2.6.16-2.

I've uploaded:
PPSkit-light-alpha-3932m-2.6.17.8.diff.gz
PPSkit-2.1.7.tar.gz

The latter is just a convenience "extended maintenance release" for Linux 2.4
kernels. There's only one minor change that could affect stability in a
positive way, but I haven't tried myself.

If I were from marketing I'd say you'll get better performance as well, but
who cares about a tousand cycles every minute? ;-)

Enjoy,
Ulrich

> I've version for 2.6.15-1, but i don't think it will work for me and in fact
> i've seen it somewhere it stated that it was buggy and it would be
> incompatitable for me.

The weather was too nice to spend evenings in front of a computer! ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich