[ntp:questions] Re: Stratum 0 - no server suitable for synchronization found

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.isc.org
Tue Sep 19 01:26:48 UTC 2006

>>> In article <T1158612618 at djwhome.demon.co.uk>, david at djwhome.demon.co.uk (David Woolley) writes:

David> I'm not sure what .DROP. means; I wonder if trying to say do not use
David> this server.  I think a check on the rules of engagement is called
David> for, even though this is on a private IP address range.

It's a KISS code - DROP means "lost peer in symmetric mode".

Similarly:

 INIT: the association has not yet synchronized for the first time
 STEP: a time step has occured, but the assoc has not yet re-sync'd