[ntp:questions] Re: SPECTRACOM (GPS) - no server suitable for synchronization found

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Thu Sep 21 08:21:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:09:41 +0100 in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
david at djwhome.demon.co.uk (David Woolley) wrote:

>In article <b20088140609181058s38df4becxfa61a2e18a0c2892 at mail.gmail.com>,
>mlonisto at gmail.com (Marcos Onisto) wrote:

>> NTP:  Precision = 237 seconds
>
>This value is not possible.  Precision is always a power of two and
>generally a relatively large negative power.  I suspect you have
>a broken protocol analyzer.

Stratum 0 report says 235, 1 says 236, 2 says 237: perhaps a bug when
reporting positive precisions -- 2^35, 2^36, 2^37, doubling each
stratum?

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply