[ntp:questions] Re: "Listen on" semantics

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Thu Sep 21 15:05:31 UTC 2006

Luc Pardon schrieb:
> [... very interesting but long security discussion ...]
>

>     It certainly would make _me_ happy. What I miss in OpenNTPD is not
> so much the reduced precision as the lack of ntpq.

Sorry for eating all the quoted text, but I only wanted to ask you why
there is no such thing as ntpq for OpenNTPD?

Where do you think would the "server" part get all the information that
ntpq shows to you?

In order to provide this, the "client" part (ntpd in your scenario)
would at least have to listen for ntpq queries.

I would think that adding a configuration statement that specifies one
or more interfaces ntpd should listen on would be the easiest solution, no?

Best regards,
Heiko

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.