[ntp:questions] Re: tinker step 0 (always slew) and kernel time discipline

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Sep 22 16:25:37 UTC 2006

Joe,

"disable kernel" does exactly and precisely that. In that case
corrections are handled as if the kernel code does not exist.

Ordinarily, to disable the step correction also disables the kernel.
Your "tinker step 0" exposed a bug, now fixed, in which the kernel was
not automatically disabled in that case.

Dave