[ntp:questions] Effects of mindist setting

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Sep 22 15:56:11 UTC 2006

I have a bunch Endrun Technologies CDMA clock attached to small servers
using PPS. To prevent the jitter on the serial port from causing the
clock to be marked as falsetick and disabling the PPS, I have added "tos
mindist" to my configuration.

I am unclear on the actual effect of this configuration and that makes
me a bit unsure of how I should set the value. 0.010 was one
recommendation and 0.015 was another.

Any place I can look for an explanation of this? I don't see in in the
documentation.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)