[ntp:questions] How to compile the ntp source code under Microsoft Windows?

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Mon Sep 25 02:46:26 UTC 2006

xvenw at 163.com wrote:
> I want to compile  ntp's source code under Microsoft Windows,How to
> generate the Makefile file? using "./configure" or ?? Thanks !^_^

You don't use configure at all. There is already a config.h file built.
What you need to do is the following:

1) Install Perl for Windows (activestate has a good free one)
2) Download from their Org site OpenSSL and compile it.
3) Create the environmental variable OPENSSL to point to the OpenSSL
top-level directory. You need to do this by setting it permanently
through the System Control Panel or on a command line in DOS.
4) Download and unpack the ntp sources.
5) Start MSVC of whatever version. If you have define OPENSSL from the
command line you need to invoke it from that command line in order for
it to interpret that macro correctly.
6) Open Workspace or Solution (depending on your flavor of MSVC) and go
to ports/winnt/ and open ntp.dsw.
7) Batch build the whole system.

Does this help?

Danny