[ntp:questions] Re: Spectracom TPRO-PCI (was Spectrcomm TPRO-PCI)

Heiko Gerstung heiko.gerstung_removeme_ at meinberg.de
Mon Sep 25 09:32:18 UTC 2006

Tim Keck schrieb:
> Yes, it would be nice to have one driver for all.  I'll see if I can
> gather enough documentation about them to determine the feasability of
> the merger, or at least write a framework to incorporate other cards as
> somwone else gathers the information.
> Spectracom was the only one I could find that had a Linux 2.6 kernel,
> though.  Maybe other will be forthcoming.
> I believe Spectracom and Symmetricom are the only remaining companies in
> the business, having bought up Bancomm, True Time, KSI, and Datum
> between them.
> Tim Keck

OK, I really,really tried but I can not resist, sorry :-)

We (www.meinberg.de) also provide PCI cards with (open source) drivers
for Linux kernels from 2.2 to 2.6, and we are still in business ;-)

Regards,
Heiko

> David L. Mills wrote:
>> Time,
>>
>> Darn, I thought the KSI/Odetics cards were toast, as the last one I
>> had ran only on a Sun SBus system in SunOS 4.3. Keep in mind those
>> cards are similar to others made by Bancomm and TrueTime and lately by
>> Symmetricom. It would be nice to fold these characters into a common
>> driver.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> Tim Keck wrote:
>>
>>> I have received, at work, 12 Spectrcom TPRO-PCI cards.  These are the
>>> evolutionary successors to the KSI/Odetics TPRO card.  I also have
>>> the Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel for these cards.
>>> Has anyone had any experience using this card as a reference clock?
>>> If not, I will attempt to modify refclock_tpro to use this card and
>>> driver.
>>> Tim Keck

MEINBERG Radio Clocks
www.meinberg.de

IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.