[ntp:questions] Re: Tardis issue on 64-bit

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 28 12:22:49 UTC 2006

Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> Danny Mayer wrote:
>
>> I don't know why you are asking about Tardis here. We don't know
>> anything about it.
>

> Probably because this is comp.protocols.time.ntp, not comp.apps.ntpd.
>
> I know that this does not change the reality of the situation, but if we
> collectively stopped discouraging non-ntpd but NTP-related subjects here
> then perhaps this group could in time live up to its name.

If you look at the traffic here, maybe one percent is about the
protocol.  Ninety percent is about how to use, configure, troubleshoot,
etc, the reference implementation.  I could argue that the group is
misnamed!

Perhaps we should also support Open NTP, W32TIME, etc?

It looks as if Tardis is a commercial product.  As such, it should have
its own technical support.