[ntp:questions] Ntp-statistics to adjust a radioclock?

Rune Magnussen rum at gratismail.dk
Mon Apr 2 23:38:18 UTC 2007

Den Mon, 02 Apr 2007 02:22:07 -0700. skrev Paul.Croome:

> Rune,
>
> There is a parameter that you can specify in the /etc/ntp.conf file:
>   enable calibrate
>
> It's documented here:
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/refclock.html#cal
>
> I have never used this feature, but it sounds as though it should do
> what you want.

I just read that part again. It seem that you mart the best clock with
calibrate the other clocks are adjusted to fit. Unfortunately I do not
have a second clock.

However I got the statistics to work. If you happen to use a locale other
than en_US then you have to invoke it like this:

$ LANG=C awk -f peer.awk /path/to/logfiles

After using the stats to adjust the radio clock it seems to be only 0.3 ms
off. I will give it more time to settle before I decide on more adjusting.

/Rune