[ntp:questions] Accuracy of NTP

Chris Cox nospam at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 4 16:28:48 UTC 2007

Can anyone point me to some simulations that indicate the accuracy
achievable using NTP?

I'd like to know something like this: If we assume the servers are
reasonably accurate, and state the statistics of the network jitter and the
behaviour of the client oscillator, and control the clock using NTP over the
network, what frequency variation can we expect?

I'm hoping to find the relationship between input and output to a
factor-of-2 accuracy: better than a back-of-the-envelope estimate, but not
worth measuring myself.

Many thanks