[ntp:questions] ntp server knowledge

Dennis Hilberg Jr dont at spam.me
Sat Apr 7 07:16:31 UTC 2007

Pawel Tryniszewski wrote:
> hi there !
>
> I got really confused recently, so i got a question about NTP server
> knowledge about the client's time zone. I can't find the answer for this
> question. When I synchronize my clock via NTP using foreign timezone time
> server as reference I got a proper time for my timezone. How? Thanks for
> an answer.

Timezone settings are handled by your operating system, not by ntp.  ntp
only knows UTC, so no matter which ntp server you choose, you will always
"receive" the correct time as long as your operating system's timezone is
set properly.
--
Dennis Hilberg Jr

NTP Server Information - http://saturn.dennishilberg.com