[ntp:questions] solaris rtp program and ntp

Christine Ross csgonan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 16:29:30 UTC 2007

I am setting up ntp clients on solaris 8 and 10 servers.  The default cron job run rtp program.  In my reading, I see that "the daemon will abort itself if the offset between its clock and the serer's clock is too great" and that offset is 17 minutes.

  Will my daemon stop if the rtc program has run and there is a large difference in the clocks?  Do I disable this cronjob

  1 2 * * * [ -x /usr/sbin/rtc ] && /usr/sbin/rtc -c > /dev/null 2>&1

  Thank you
  Christine