[ntp:questions] Strange behaviour

Burkhard Schultheis schultheis at tde-online.de
Thu Apr 12 08:05:23 UTC 2007

Burkhard Schultheis schrieb:

> ntp.conf is identical ob both systems. Here are the relevant lines:
>
> server 127.127.1.0  # local clock (LCL)
> fudge 127.127.1.0  stratum 10 # LCL is unsynchronized
> driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift/ntp.drift # path for drift file
> logfile /var/log/ntp		# alternate log file
> server <IP>

Additional information: The given time server is in the local net. Only
this server has Internet access. The ping times to this server are not
totally constant. I saw ping times between 1.1 and 7 ms, but from time
to time maybe they are much bigger (the servers are connected to an aold
hub with sometimes heavy traffic). Could it explain the problem of
missing synchronization?

Regards,
Burkhard