[ntp:questions] PPS kit for 2.6 linux kernels?

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Fri Apr 13 07:43:02 UTC 2007

"Richard B. gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:461ECD87.20804 at comcast.net...

> [...] I run ntpd on Sun Ultra 10 machines with 440 MHz
> CPU's (late 1990's vintage).  You could probably run ntpd on
> an 80486 processor if you:
> a. could still find one and,
> b. could equip it with enough RAM.

My backup NTP server is a 486DX/2-66 with 32 MB RAM (as much as it'll
take). Early nineties vintage. Usually runs within a millisecond of
its source, the primary NTP server which is no longer the 486DX/4-100
with 104 MB RAM.

All runs just fine. The trick is not to do to much with them. The
small one even runs X. But twm, not KDE.

I still have a working (when I left it) 386SX-16 with 5 MB RAM. Is
there an NTP port for Windows for Workgroups 3.11?

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink