[ntp:questions] Will ntpd tell me if it encounters problems?

gluino gluino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:35:39 UTC 2007

This was what I was looking for!

http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/time-server-monitor.htm
Meinberg's "NTP Time Server Monitor" -- "The NTP Time Server Monitor,
available for the operating systems Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Server,
allows the user to configure and control the local NTP service with a
userfriendly graphical user interface. Secondary the current status of
the local NTP service, as well as external NTP services, can be
displayed."

Not the most polished GUI app perhaps, but it's freeware, and packed
with features: stats graphs, email+snmp+syslog alerts!
And it seems to me, if you want this on your Windows desktop for the
purpose of monitoring a ntpd on a server elsewhere, you have to
install the whole NTP program on your desktop first.